Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Remote control helicopter and airplanes

Our fascination of flying have continued when Wilbur Wright made the first plane that got off the ground and hasn't stopped from there. One of the more expensive hobbies is collecting and flying remote control helicopters and airplanes. On a nice day in the park you can see many people flying these remote controlled flying machines. It is exciting to watch them but this is an expensive hobby. When you can't afford to really learn to fly a real airplane or a helicopter the next best thing is remote control.

Talking to these collectors of remote controlled flying machines they take this hobby very seriously and have clubs, groups and probably forums of people that discuss, meet and learn comparing models. I have also talked with people that build their own and really take pride in making them go faster or do unique flying tricks.

I could afford this hobby when I found some that were between $50 and $80 but the better ones are priced at $250 and up. Most of the people that do this for a hobby can expect to spend a lot of money and time outdoors. The outdoors are free and this hobby can be affordable but once you got into it you would have to buy the better ones.

I fly a remote controlled helicopter my grandson got for Christmas and it amazed me and my cat which almost became a disastrous loss. Cats and remote control helicopters do not go together but it was sure funny to watch the cat jump for the copter. I would like to find some how-to designs on-line and see if I could out one together from scratch as this challenge would make this a great hobby for me. This is something I will do more research on and get back with you on a site that supplies this information. I love building things and this is a great gift.

Right now I will stick to designing a building unique kites but that is another hobby which I can write a whole post about. Kites are a great hobby and get you outdoors. This is more in my expense range. Good flying and what ever you do don't crash those expensive remote helicopters and planes. OUCH! I was surprised that Amazon.com sells this kind of things.

Parrot AR.Drone Quadricopter Controlled by iPhone/iPod touch/iPad (Orange/Blue)Mini 3ch RC Metal Helicopter with Gyro ( 125mm / 4.92 inch )Protocol Remote Control Helicopter15" mini Apache 3 Channel Remote Controlled Military Helicopter Army Green Built-in GyroscopeRc SpacemanThe New Sport Infared Micro SIze R/C Indoor Remote Controlled Airplane

No comments: