Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Collection of Ant Eaters

Littlest Pet Shop 2010 Assortment A Series 4 Collectible Figure Ant Eater Special Edition PetNatural History 1894-95 Ant-Eaters Tamandua Two-ToedAlmost Haslam Ant Eater 8.25 DeckPink Panther Ant Eater Lucite Key ChainAnt Eater T-Shirt (Guys), White, X-LargeMarc Brown Arthur the Ant Eater Sitting on the Couch Reading Books and Having a Snack Puzzle

You make think that Ant Eaters are a silly thing to collect but I had a teacher that loved Ant Eaters and had all forms of them she brought to class on show and tell days. I really learned a lot about Ant Eaters but even more she inspired me on to develop my own unique collections that taught me more than just collecting items. I found something to focus on and be passionate about which brought me enjoyment and enjoyed the journey.

She helped me to discover who I was when looking back today. I started out with teddy bears and built up quite a collection when I was young. As I grew older it changed to collecting rocks and driftwood from all over the United States. I had friends that traveled abroad and brought me rocks from Spain, Italy, Greece and many other countries from all over the world.

I marked each one with a permanent marker and when I look at them today they take my mind on a journey into the past and all the memories of where I had been and where I was today. Today I still look for rocks and driftwood but I also collect other things. I will share other collections that helped me grow and learn a lot.

No comments: